Plein Air Workshop at Three Strands Vineyard
Plein Air Watercolor Workshop and Event at Three Strands Vineyard
An all day painting and vineyard experience with Jill Williams at Three Strands Vineyard & Winery, located in Dallas, GA.
A gorgeous, multi acre vineyard, with lush vines and scenic country views. Everyone will enjoy a plein air workshop followed by a day of painting, including a break for an amazing lunch that most definitely will NOT include a brown paper bag!
Each guest will be served by the welcoming staff of Three Strands Vineyard, and receive a fine, Georgia crafted wine, vinted and bottled on site, and a hearty and delicious charcuterie board, prepared with fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
When: AUGUST 28, 2021
DEADLINE to register: August 14, 2021
What: Plein Air workshop/event with lunch and wine
Place: Three Strands Vineyard
Maximum number of workshop guests: 30
Space is limited, please register early
You may register for the event without the workshop, restrictions apply* (see Alternate Ticket below) The maximum number of total participants, attending the workshop or not, is 60.
Loads of information here, please read carefully before messaging with inquiries.
What's Included in Jill's workshop:
Private plein air workshop from 9am-10:30am on site, with full direction and support throughout the day for the remainder of the event.
What's covered in the workshop:
- practice & technique demos
- establishing composition when working from life
- how to pinpoint and work quickly with values
- strategy for simplifying subject matter
- maintaining loose brushwork and water control when working outdoors
- encouragement and community with other like minded artists
- having fun!
Schedule of events:
- workshop check-in: 8:30am
- workshop: 9:00am-10:30am
- break/location set up: 10:30am-11am
- plein air painting for workshop attendees begins: 11am-4pm
- plein air event for alternate ticket guests begins: 11:30am* (see Alternate Ticket below)
- lunch rotations begin: 12pm, 12:30pm, 1pm, and 1:30pm (times are assigned in the order of completed registrations, ie, the first 15 guests are served at 12pm, the next 15 are served at 12:30pm, and so on. This ensures guests receive quality care and attention.)
*Alternate Ticket: If you're a plein air painter who would like to paint at the event, but do not wish to participate in the workshop, Jill is making the event open to you for only $50. The alternate ticket does not include any instructional support during the event, but lunch and wine ARE included. Alternate Ticket Guests may work in the medium of their choice from 11:30am-4pm.
Important note for Alternate Ticket Guests:
- Alternate Ticket Guests may NOT set up before 11:30am, as workshop attendees will have first choice of painting locations. Any Alternate Ticket Guest who sets up prior to 11:30am will be asked to remove their set up until after 11:30am. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
All the legal things...please read
Restrictions, Terms and Conditions: your registration for this event is an agreement to these terms:
WHAT IF IT RAINS?
- This is a rain or shine event, and will not be canceled due to inclement weather.
- All lunches will be served at the time designated on your registration.
- The workshop portion of the event will continue as scheduled, with bonus instruction provided in lieu of rain disruption.
- There are no refunds for the event due to inclement weather.
- A 50% refund will be issued to Workshop registrants who cancel in writing, by emailing Jill at email@example.com, within 24 hours of the start of the workshop, local time.
- There are no refunds for 'no-shows'.
- There are no refunds for alternate tickets for any reason.
- This is a 'pack-out' event, which means guests may not use facilities at the venue to clean up their materials. Please organize carefully to have towels, bags, boxes, etc. to manage wet papers, canvases, brushes, etc to take home with you for cleaning there. There is access to water for painting purposes, but not for clean up.
- Restrooms are available at all times for guests, but sinks may only be used for normal handwashing, not cleaning materials.
- No pets are allowed
- Guests may not participate while attending children
- Guests are not to touch, violate, or consume the vines or grapes under any circumstance. The produce is a costly agricultural product, and private property of Three Strands Vineyards.
- Guests may set up on any of the mown areas around the edges vineyard, and observe all boundary markers, ropes, and barriers.
- Guests may set up very closely to the vines, but may not stroll between the rows of vines as any time.
- Guests are expected to maintain respectful decorum for the the venue, it's hosts, and all other participants, and leave no trash on the premises.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Registration and participation in this event represents the registrant's acknowledgement, and agreement to hold harmless and defend Jill Williams and Three Strands Vineyards & Winery against all claims, demands, actions, suits, damages, liabilities, losses, settlements, judgments, costs and expenses which arise out of, or in relation to the connection, participation, and registration of this event.